Salt pipes and lamps


I received a Himalayan salt lamp for Christmas and I love it!

I have used salt pipes daily for years. The idea of this is that the inhaled salt bursts the cells of any bacteria lurking in your lungs. When I first started using the salt pipe I was prone to chest infections because the damaged area of my lung acted as a 'pocket' for bacteria to multiply in. Salt pipes are beneficial also for anyone with asthma, allergies and sinus problems. Please note that inhaling salt is not the same as eating salt which is detrimental to your health.  

Just as with the salt pipes, salt lamps give out salt particles. When you breathe in the salt particles, the cilia (hair-like protrusions in the lungs) are activated to sweep excess mucus, dust etc out of your lungs, keeping your chest clear. Have you noticed that on a trip to the coast, if you lick your lips they taste salty?  Have you also noticed that a walk by the sea makes you feel better?  Salt lamps have a similar effect.  

Salt lamps also purify the air by absorbing droplets of water containing dust, pollen etc. The heat from the bulb in the lamp then causes the water to evaporate, leaving behind the dust etc.

Another benefit of salt lamps is that they produce negative ions that neutralise the detrimental positive ions produced by computers, microwaves and television.  

Why not treat yourself and get your 'seaside treat' every day?

Janet x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I really enjoyed this post. This is the first time that I have ever heard of salt lamps, but I really like the concept. I suffer from sinuses and year round allergies and I am convinced that investing in a salt lamp would help me. Thanks for the advice and I will keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete