Tinnitus Awareness Week - what might help manage the condition


Tinnitus Awareness Week is 8-14th Feb 2016- Please see 'British Tinnitus Association'-http://www.tinnitus.org.uk/

Tinnitus is an awareness of sounds that are not external to the ears. One ear may be affected or both and there are many causes. My mother had tinnitus caused by many years of working in a noisy weaving shed (ear protection was just being introduced as she retired), whereas one of my daughters has tinnitus caused by an ear infection. There are many other causes (please see 'Tinnitus-Causes-NHS Choices'-http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/tinnitus/pages/causes.aspx). Please see your doctor if you have tinnitus to rule out a serious cause. Eventually tinnitus may lead to some hearing loss.


Although there is no specific treatment for tinnitus there are several ways to help manage the condition. Your doctor may be able to refer you for cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) which will help you make the sounds less noticeable and help relieve stress which can make tinnitus worse.  You might also want to try yoga and meditation (please see my playlist, 'Yoga for Stress' on You Tube https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLS4Wjf00I4uzH0r_7p5O4pV1mlF5Rikjo)


Acupuncture too may help but more trials are needed to be able to confirm this is definitely the case.  


If tinnitus is due to circulatory problems, the herb gingko biloba may help but do see your doctor if you are thinking of taking this herb as it is a blood thinner and may not be suitable for you if you are on blood thinning medications. Make sure you are well hydrated but avoid caffeine and reduce alcohol which may impede blood flow to the head. 


If your tinnitus is caused by high blood pressure, eating a diet rich in magnesium may help. This may be due to the fact that magnesium relaxes muscles. Vegan food sources of magnesium include leafy green vegetables such as spinach, nuts such as almonds and cashews, seeds, oats and cacao. Also you could try an Epsom salt bath (please see my blog post on Epsom Salts-http://40plusandalliswell.blogspot.co.uk/2015/12/been-out-christmas-shopping-restore.html). Also reduce your salt intake to help lower blood pressure.


If your tinnitus is age related, increasing your intake of zinc may help because zinc levels tend to reduce with age causing inflammation. Vegan food sources of zinc include legumes, nuts, seeds and oats.  You might also want to try a supplement.


Hope this helps,

Janet x 

5 comments:

  1. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB I WAS CURED FROM A TERRIBLE TINNITUS.
    . Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far. I really don’t know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping me get cured for over 20 year of suffering from a terrible tinnitus, my tinnitus started when i was 28 year i thought is going to end one day but even get worse as days went by,i have tried all western drugs prescribed by doctors but to no avail i lost total concentration, even at night i screams even more because the sounds become louder because everywhere is quiet. i came across DR WILLIAMS contact through a headline news on internet about how DR WILLIAMS have help so many people to get cured of tinnitus and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which i take every morning for 21 days, and his medicine was able to restore me back to normal and now am very okay without any side effects whatsoever If you have Tinnitus, you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098765@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow: who will ever believe that a natural herb can cure tinnitus, i never believe that this will work i have spend a lot when getting drugs from the hospital to keep me healthy,i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, One day I was in the office going through the internet when i see so many people testifying about Dr Williams herbal medicine on how they where been cured from tinnitus and so many other similar body problem, so i mail him.He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks To my greatest surprise after patiently going according to instruction given to me by Dr Williams, all the ringing in my ears stop gradually and up thing this moment i have not experience anything ringing in my ears. I want to say a big thanks to Dr Williams who God have sent to heal his people with his natural medicine i pray that God will bless you for the good work you are doing.for all who are still suffering from this disease, you can also contact Dr Williams through his email address on;drwilliams098765@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB I WAS CURED FROM A TERRIBLE TINNITUS.
    . Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far. I really don’t know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping me get cured for over 20 year of suffering from a terrible tinnitus, my tinnitus started when i was 28 year i thought is going to end one day but even get worse as days went by,i have tried all western drugs prescribed by doctors but to no avail i lost total concentration, even at night i screams even more because the sounds become louder because everywhere is quiet. i came across DR WILLIAMS contact through a headline news on internet about how DR WILLIAMS have help so many people to get cured of tinnitus and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which i take every morning for 21 days, and his medicine was able to restore me back to normal and now am very okay without any side effects whatsoever If you have Tinnitus, you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098765@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM A TERRIBLE TINNITUS.
    How can I ever stop thanking Dr William for the great deed he have done for me, i got an accident when I was 27 years old, from that day on i started experience ringing ear (tinnitus) i have taken all the western drugs prescribe by various doctor but to no avail . my tinnitus was very loud in the afternoon and I sleep less at night because of this problem i stop my work, few days later i was going through the Internet and I saw a post of so many people testifying about Dr William herbal remedies on how they was being cure for over many years suffering from tinnitus the story Really motivated me that I have to speak with my husband about it, and he said i should give him a try, i contacted Dr William and explain all i have be facing in my life. He assured me that everything is going to be fine if only I can get his herbal portion, i said yes and I requested for it, few days later the herb was sent to me in Kuwait,i started using it as instructed by Dr William for me to take it for 21 Days which I did, can you imagine after talking Dr William herbal medicine for just two weeks i started experience results, it was like a miracle,and now i am permanently cure from this terrible tinnitus, i promise that am going to publish his herb on thing my last breath for the great deed he have done for me. For those with similar ear problem should please contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail his a good man and am proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB I WAS CURED FROM A TERRIBLE TINNITUS.
    . Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far. I really don’t know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping me get cured for over 20 year of suffering from a terrible tinnitus, my tinnitus started when i was 28 year i thought is going to end one day but even get worse as days went by,i have tried all western drugs prescribed by doctors but to no avail i lost total concentration, even at night i screams even more because the sounds become louder because everywhere is quiet. i came across DR WILLIAMS contact through a headline news on internet about how DR WILLIAMS have help so many people to get cured of tinnitus and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which i take every morning for 21 days, and his medicine was able to restore me back to normal and now am very okay without any side effects whatsoever If you have Tinnitus, you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail.com for help

    ReplyDelete